This blog has previously talked about all the great features of the TD2600 from DASCOM, but sometimes it is important to take a look at how a printer stacks up against the competition. I asked the folks at DASCOM if they could do just that – give me some information on how the TD2600 would hold up against the likes of say various Lexmark models.
To follow are a few bullet points where DASCOM believes the TD2600 and TD2610 have advantages over the Lexmark 2590+ and 2591+ respectively.
- The TD2600 has a faster throughput by 14% when compared to the Lexmark 2590+ (Based on customer testing of TD2600 vs. Lexmark 2590+)
- Ethernet is STANDARD on the TD2600 & TD2610 – Lexmark has special ethernet models
- The TD2610 has a 13% smaller footprint than the Lexmark 2591 so it fits well in tight spaces
- The TD2600 & TD2610 have a print head rated life of 500 million impacts vs. 300 million for the Lexmark models
- The TD2600 & TD2610 have clearer instructions and fewer lights and buttons since they use an LCD control panel versus an LED panel
- The TD2600 & TD2610 support Intelligent Mail Bar Code while there is not IMBC capability on the Lexmark 2590+ or 2591+
Those were just a few of the highlights the product management team provided, but thus far DASCOM reports good reviews on the roll-out of the TD2600 and TD2610 from customers.
Stay tuned for more good information on new printers, products and features from DASCOM Americas. And as always, you can find information about their products at www.dascomamericas.com or by calling them toll-free at 877-434-1377 within the U.S.